Friday, March 27, 2009

Natercia Da Conceição


I had the pleasure of being invited to the private 74th birthday party for the Fadista Natercia Da Conceição at her home on August 3rd. It was the first time I met her and I was nervous because of her prestigious career in Fado. I was very sad to see the unfortunate state she is in. She has been in a wheel chair for some time now and doesn't have feeling in her legs. It really hit me because I met her in her bedroom where she has tons of LPs, pictures of the different highlights of her Fado career, and dozens of plaques and trophies that have been awarded to her throughout the years. I later sang for her and her guests.


This visit really made me realize how lucky I am to be doing what I love the most and have those that I love the most support me. I learned not to take the opportunities given to me for granted and enjoy everything life has awarded me with. That afternoon will be preserved in my heart forever.



Thank you Cinira for your support, kind words, motivation, and invitation!!

No comments: