Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's been how long!?!

I 'm embarrassed by how long it has taken me to update my blog. Initially I began my blog as a personal online journal, or better yet, a sort of online scrapbook of whatever I felt was important in my journey in Fado that was not included in my website. Then as time passed, people began to e-mail me about my blog and congratulate me on it. I never thought it mattered to anyone what I was writing. (I'm a terrible writer, I major in accounting =)) But I appreciate the scolding I have received for slacking on my blog from those who actually enjoy reading what I have to say and constantly look for updates. I apologize for my laziness. I have been extremely busy working towards graduation and enjoying my senior year of college while still doing what I love the most, sing Fado! The complaints I have received regarding my procrastination is my incentive to continue updating "Nathalie News" as often as I can and to keep you posted on my Fado experiences.

It's been about half a year since my last post and I have so much to write about. 2008 was a memorable year for me; the AUA awards, my first time performing in Pennsylvania, Florida, and California, and my busiest year so far! But 2009 seems like it will be just as satisfying...

My spring break is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to the free time so I can update my blog with the posts I've been meaning to include. So be sure to stay tuned!!

Thank you for all your continuous support and for giving me the motivation to continue! (A special thank you to Doris Mello, Helder Carvalheira, Elisa DaSilva, and my Dad for the extra push!)

Though I haven't posted anything lately, I definitely have had Fado on my mind. Whenever I get some free time I look for new Fados and read what's new in the Fado World. I've also been seeing more of Michael DaSilva and Diogo Arsenio for some rehearsal time. Today I was so thankful for the snow because it gave us the chance to get together once again!!


Emergency Snow Closing

Monday, March 2

Due to the winter storm, all day and evening classes and activities on both the Lawrenceville and Princeton campuses are canceled, and all University offices are closed.


My classes were canceled so instead of spending my Monday night at my Advanced Accounting class, I left my warm dorm room, put on my snow boots and we rehearsed at the theater here on campus. We were grateful for the last minute practice because we will be performing for the first time at a Restaurant in New York City called
Esperanto on Wednesday night. Come hear us if you're in the city. We'll also be performing together this Saturday at Perth Amboy, NJ...
Here's a quick look at our night... Enjoy!!


The 1st Video is of Diogo and I just messing around with the first verse of "Povo Que Lavas No Rio" (which was not in my key.) The 2nd video is of Diogo, Michael, and I rehearsing "Fado Tango." I apologize for the low quality...


No comments: