Thursday, July 24, 2008

Menina Fadista!

During my performance na Casa Do Ribatejo in Newark, NJ back in November of last year, I surprised the audience with an exclusive duet with a very special guest. Her name is Raquel Santos. She was here on vacation in the United States with her family, (who are dear friends of my family and I) from Maia, Portugal. Apparently, she enjoys listening to my album and one Fado that she particularly favors is "O Namorico Da Rita" which she would constantly parade around the house singing.


One of the things she wanted to do during her trip to the U.S. was watch me sing during one of my performances. So when she finally got the chance to come, I asked the organization of the event if I could invite an extraordinary 4 year old to sing with me. They agreed and the audience loved it! Raquel very timidly sang the entire song, mostly by herself, even though it was WAY past her bedtime! It was definitely the highlight of the night. Turns out she was the youngest person Sr. Chuva and Sr. Mendonça ever accompanied throughout their whole Fado careers!

Below is the video of our short performance. Unfortunately because of how dark it was at the event, it was shot in night vision, either way I hope you enjoy it as much as the audience and I did that night!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parabems Uma Futura Fadista beijo boa sorte