Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Birthday at Alfama Restaurant

On April 29th, I spent my 23rd birthday singing at Alfama Restaurant in New York City and I can't think of a better way to have spent it. My closest friends and family came out to celebrate with me at the elegant restaurant and I even got a couple of surprises...

Michael and Diogo sang a "desgarrada" for me and it was wonderful! It was especially meaningful because I wasn't expecting it since Diogo is usually shy to sing, but they explained to me that they had planned it prior. I was very grateful and felt like the luckiest girl in the city!

Shortly after, Denise, the restaurant manager and friend, brought me a beautiful caramel/chocolate cake, courtesy of the restaurant, that I was not expecting. Everyone sang me happy birthday while the guitarists accompanied them. At that point I felt like the luckiest girl in the world! Michael and Diogo topped it off by buying a bottle of champagne and I blew out my candles and wished for my dreams to keep coming true. I was extremely spoiled but appreciative for my supportive family, amazing friends, and the outstanding staff at Alfama Restaurant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grão Vasco!
Very goog!