Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Minha Madrinha do Fado: Anita Guerreiro!!

At my most recent performance in Newark, I was honored with a mini ceremony that will always be a big part of me. Before my performance, Anita Guerreiro, a huge name in Fado, theater, and television, walked to the middle of the hall and introduced me and shared with the audience some advice she gave me to succeed that made her choke up while she reflected on her long artistic career. After placing the xaile over my shoulders, it was official: Anita Guerreiro é a Madrinha do Fado da Nathalie Pires!!

I was happy that both my parents were there to see it along with my Madrinha de baptismo, Fatima Brás, and her family. (She gave me the xaile that Anita placed on my shoulders for my album release party back in September.)

I proceeded by singing "Foi Deus," the Fado that started it all for me and it also happens to be the first Fado Anita ever sang... It was a memorable night and I'm very proud to say "que a minha Madrinha do Fado é a grande Anita Guerreiro!"

No comments: